Woman withdraws restraining order against former NFL player, CBS analyst Shannon SharpeBy Errin Haines, AP
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Woman withdraws restraining order against Sharpe
ATLANTA — Former NFL player Shannon Sharpe is headed back to his job as a CBS football analyst after a woman withdrew her petition for a temporary restraining order against him.
Sharpe was scheduled to appear in an Atlanta court Monday to address the woman’s allegations that he forced her to have sex with him, threatened her life and conducted surveillance of her.
Fulton County court documents show the petition filed last week was dismissed this week at the woman’s request. The Associated Press is not naming her because she says she was sexually assaulted.
“I had every expectation that based on truth alone, these claims would never reach a court,” Sharpe said in a statement issued through CBS Sports spokeswoman LeslieAnne Wade. “This issue was dismissed in its totality and no monies and no communications were exchanged. Now, I look forward to getting to work.”
Sharpe took a brief break from his analyst duties while the case was resolved, but CBS said in a statement he will be back to work at “The NFL Today” on Sunday.
Sharpe, 42, played for the Denver Broncos and Baltimore Ravens and is under consideration for the NFL Hall of Fame.
Tags: Arts And Entertainment, Atlanta, Georgia, Nfl, North America, Professional Football, Sports, Television Programs, United States