Lindsay Lohan wasn’t fired from ‘Inferno’, says her campBy ANI
Saturday, November 27, 2010
WASHINGTON - Troubled actress Lindsay Lohan’s camp is upset with the reports that she was axed from Linda Lovelace biopic ‘Inferno’ amid insurance problems.
News emerged this week that Lohan suffered another big blow - losing her highly-anticipated role in the biopic.
Director Matthew Wilder told the Hollywood Reporter that the issue ultimately came down to “the impossibility” of insuring her, in addition to “some other issues.”
However, Lohan’s team has dismissed reports that she was dropped from the project, which will now star “The Proposal” actress Malin Ackerman.
“It’s not fair in any way, shape, or form for those reports to be out there. Lindsay is 100 percent insurable, all she had to do was put up a fee as a bond then she would have been paid upon completion. I could insure her today,” Fox News quoted Ethan Terra, a close Lohan family friend and co-owner of mom Dina’s production company, as saying.
“She was definitely not fired,” she added.
Terra also said that the decision to opt out of the production was actually made by Lohan and her personal posse.
“Lindsay and her team decided that a film like this would be counterproductive. When she takes on a role she really becomes the character, and right now she is surrounded by nothing but positivity, so putting her back into a negative frame of mind would be very self-destructive,” Terra continued.
“When she signed on to that role she was surrounded by negativity, and now she’s in a much stronger and more positive place.”
The ‘Mean Girls’ star is currently residing at the Betty Ford Rehab Facility, where is being treated for substance abuse issues stemming from her stint in jail earlier this year for violating the terms of her 2007 DUI probation. (ANI)