NEW YORK - Mario Vargas Llosa, the newest winner of the Nobel Prize in literature, has never found much honor in boundaries.
STOCKHOLM - With European novelists dominating recent Nobel literature awards, experts are guessing the Swedish Academy will look farther afield when it announces the 2010 winner on Thursday.
STOCKHOLM - The Swedish Academy says it will announce the winner of the 2010 Nobel Prize in literature next Thursday, on Oct.
STOCKHOLM - Italian composer Ennio Morricone and Icelandic singer Bjork have received the 2010 Polar Music Prize from Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf.
FrISLAND - Women are usually not prominent in the world of filmmaking, but the Swedish government is paving the way for others to follow by encouraging their participation in every aspect of the movie business.
- A fan who realised Ingmar Bergman’s dream
- Not just monuments, Sweden keeps Bergman’s legacy alive
- Stockholm tour for 'Girl with Dragon Tattoo' fans
- Ingmar Bergman was very funny: Liv Ullmann (Interview)
- World dignitaries to attend Swedish royal wedding
- Sweden: Princess Madeleine to attend royal wedding
- Early Stieg Larsson work uncovered in Sweden
- Sweden's Princess Lilian to miss royal wedding
- Morricone, Bjork share Sweden's Polar Music Prize
- US director Gus Van Sant wins Stockholm film award
- NY court: Swedish author likely to lose fight
- Ash cloud grounds Metallica tour but show goes on
- Columbia gets film rights to Larsson books
- Belgian illustrator wins Astrid Lindgren award
- Davis, Vonn, Ohno win more medals ... but not gold
- Miller gets silver in super-G; US medals reach 20
- Woods makes his case as millions pause to watch
- Sweden's Kalla wins women's 10K cross-country race
- Datsyuk, Howard lead Wings to 4-1 win over Sens
- Mamma Mia! ABBAWORLD theme park opens in London
- Nobel Prizes honor a record 5 women
- Besson and Sarandon win Stockholm film prizes
- Placido Domingo accepts $1M Swedish music prize
- US lead in danger? Nobels tell a different story
- Herta Mueller wins 2009 Nobel literature prize
- Oz and Oates top Nobel literature buzz
- Judge: Nobel literature prizes 'too Eurocentric'
- Nobel literature judge: award 'too Eurocentric'
- Stem cell pioneers among Nobel Prize candidates
- Facts about next week's Nobel Prize announcements
- Bergman items sold at auction in Sweden
- Swedish TV: Vatican knew about Holocaust-denier
- Bergman belongings on auction in Stockholm
- Peter Gabriel, Abreu accept Polar Music Prize
- 'Videocracy' ads can't air on Italy state TV