Why you can’t ‘afford to follow’ Gwyneth Paltrow’s GOOP adviceBy ANI
Saturday, January 15, 2011
WASHINGTON - Gwyneth Paltrow was trying to do a good deed when she began dishing out advice to moms on how to balance a career and kids, through her weekly newsletter GOOP, but can a regular person afford to follow those tips?
Here are some of her tips and how much it will cost you:
1. “I’ve found that having a trainer come to my house on a Monday really motivates me-she’s knocking at the front door so going back to sleep is NOT an option,” reports ABC News.
Average cost of an hour-long session with a personal trainer, according to the National Board of Fitness Examiners: USD60 to USD70.
2. “When I got downstairs this morning at the crack of whenever, the coffee machine said “ERROR 8″ and wouldn’t let me make the cup I had been dreaming about. This begs the question: is it odd to dream yourself to sleep thinking about the next morning’s coffee?”
Cost of the Jura Capresso Impressa Z5 Espresso and Coffee Maker: SD2,300.
3. “I’m currently obsessed with the Tracy Anderson Method and do the Perfect Design DVD three times a week. I even take the DVD traveling!”
Cost of the Perfect Design DVD set: USD79.95.
4. “I bring my iPad and use the Flipboard app to curate my social media (Facebook, Twitter and categories that are important to me: business, technology, style, design, fashion).”
Cost of an iPad: USD499 to USD829.
5. “I have acupuncture at 9.30pm at night. It’s a wonderful end of the day.”
Average cost of an acupuncture treatment, according to the Society for Acupuncture Research: USD60 to USD100.
7. “If I’m really in a rush I have a Shaklee vanilla shake.”
Cost of Shaklee’s vanilla shake mix: USD57.55.
8. “A great time saver is to have a weekly blowout. This means that you don’t need to wash your hair each day-the time that you save with a blowout can save you minutes in the morning.”
Average cost of a blowout in New York City: USD60.
9. “I was given an amazing present of a makeup lesson with Wallet Lubrich. She taught me how to do my daily makeup in 5 minutes. No joke, I can dress, do my make up and be out the door in 15 minutes.”
Average cost of a lesson from a makeup expert in New York City:USD100.
10. “Got home and had a fitting with super stylist Elizabeth Saltzman for the upcoming Nashville trip (what to wear, what to wear?) from 1-2.”
Average cost of an hour-long session with a celebrity stylist: USD200.
Estimated average cost for a portion of the GOOP life: USD3,606.50. (ANI)