Latin America And Caribbean
NEW YORK - Mario Vargas Llosa, the newest winner of the Nobel Prize in literature, has never found much honor in boundaries.
HAVANA - A country known for groundbreaking jazz is getting a visit from one of America's leading trumpeters, who spent the weekend jamming with Cuban legends ahead of a concert series that will put musicians from the two Cold War enemies on stage together.
MADRID - Spain has selected "Tambien la Lluvia" (Even the Rain), a film that deals with the story of Christopher Columbus in South America, as its entry to compete for Best Foreign Language Film at next year's Oscars.
NEW YORK - A representative for hip-hop singer Wyclef Jean (WY'-klef zhahn) says he has been hospitalized at an undisclosed location.
SAO PAULO - A movie about the life of Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva has been picked as the country's candidate in the best foreign film at the Oscars.
- Replacements bassist's Haiti aid auction kicks off
- Colombian president supports Shakira at NYC show
- Wyclef Jean leaves Haiti politics to promote album
- Hundreds of thousands party as Mexico turns 200
- 1st castaway kicked off 'Survivor: Nicaragua'
- Spencer: Gun detainment brings him, Heidi together
- Police: Montag, Pratt detained in Costa Rica
- Wynton Marsalis-led NY jazz band to travel to Cuba
- Guerra, Sanz lead Latin Grammy nominations
- Brazilian superstar Ivete Sangalo plays NY arena
- 'Post Mortem' exposes autopsy of Salvador Allende
- Baseball star Albert Pujols honored at Beck rally
- Wyclef Jean laments failed Haiti bid in song
- 22-year-old Mexico woman crowned Miss Universe
- 83 beauty queens start final Miss Universe run
- 83 global beauty queens seek Miss Universe title
- Haiti council: Wyclef Jean can't run for president
- Music giving Arroyo a new level of satisfaction
- Miss Universe 2009 says her replacement is clear
- Jimmy Johnson: 'Survivor' tougher than 3-a-days
- Former Fugee Pras not backing Wyclef for president
- Wyclef files to run for Haiti president
- Ex-deputy: Wyclef Jean to run for Haiti president
- Castro book reveals little new about his youth
- Fidel Castro leads ceremony unveiling his new book
- President Wyclef? Ex-Fugee mulling Haiti campaign
- Jets WRs Clowney, Holmes heading to Ghana
- Colombia TV network cancels Escobars documentary
- Colombia TV network cancels Escobar documentary
- NY judges limit what filmmaker must give Chevron
- APNewsBreak: Cruz, Bardem marry in the Bahamas
- Grammy-winning Brazilian jazz artist Moura dies
- Olga Guillot, legendary Cuban singer, dead at 86
- Fidel Castro to appear on television
- Reggae singer Sugar Minott dies at 54