BOSTON - When Ken Burns decided to update his epic documentary "Baseball" to chronicle the tumultuous developments since it first aired in 1994, he knew that he didn't want to make a movie of the Mitchell Report.
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said Tuesday Harper Lee's famous novel about racial injustice in the South, "To Kill a Mockingbird," still holds lessons for authorities who seek to fight terrorism while preserving the rights of innocent Muslims.
OXFORD, Miss. - As the Vietnam War raged and rock 'n roll reeled from the breakup of the Beatles, a ragtag group of enthusiasts put out the first edition of what they hoped would become a showcase magazine for the blues music they loved.
NEW YORK - Perhaps only Paul McCartney could call a performance at the White House a little club gig.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama apologized Thursday to former federal official Shirley Sherrod over her ouster in the midst of a racially tinged firestorm that enveloped the White House.
- Obama voices regret to ousted Agriculture official
- Sherrod says she'd love to talk race with Obama
- Black racism: a real problem, or pure politics?
- New stamp honors pioneering black filmmaker
- Lawyer airs unpublished intro to Malcolm X classic
- Barrier-breaking jazz star Lena Horne dies at 92
- Legendary singer Lena Horne dies
- Del Negro out as Bulls coach
- Wonder, Cosby receive honorary degrees at Oberlin
- Apollo Theater exhibit in DC shows stars' legacy
- Mo'Nique is 5th black woman to win acting Oscar
- 'Precious' wins big at 41st NAACP Image Awards
- Winners of the 41st NAACP Image Awards
- Chris Rock, Maxwell win at NAACP Image Awards
- Shani Davis does things his way
- Diversity reigns in Oscar-nominated directors
- Oscars go big & small with 'Avatar,' 'Hurt Locker'
- 'Precious' leads nominees for NAACP Image Awards
- 'Ragtime' revival puts renewed emphasis on people
- Sykes, Lopez bring new colors to late-night TV
- DeCarava, photographer who recorded Harlem, dies
- AP interview: Cosby keeps it clean for humor prize
- Bill Cosby heads to DC for Mark Twain humor prize
- New book examines black women's film stardom
- Boston's black history being unburied at cemetery
- Scrutiny rises over NJ kids singing Obama song
- Boston orchestra to honor retiring harpist
- Mom's legacy is world renowned black collection
- Antigua's highest peak renamed 'Mount Obama'
- Fox's Glenn Beck says he believes Obama is racist
- Jackson memorial a somber, spiritual celebration
- Essence Fest celebrates black music, culture
- Essence Fest to celebrate black music in La.
- Jackson's complex color story transcended race