NEW YORK - Mario Vargas Llosa, the newest winner of the Nobel Prize in literature, has never found much honor in boundaries.
STOCKHOLM - With European novelists dominating recent Nobel literature awards, experts are guessing the Swedish Academy will look farther afield when it announces the 2010 winner on Thursday.
JUBA, Sudan - American actor George Clooney is visiting the little known region of Southern Sudan.
JOHANNESBURG - A South Africa-based satellite channel on Friday evicted a participant from its "Big Brother" reality show after receiving complaints from viewers and rights groups when he struck a female housemate.
JOHANNESBURG - A South African pop group known for its World Cup collaboration with Shakira has been barred from performing in neighboring Zimbabwe after releasing a video depicting President Robert Mugabe as a chicken, band members said Monday.
- Gordimer: Free expression threatened in S.Africa
- Mandela charity's ex-chief cuts ties over diamonds
- Friends say top Algerian writer Tahar Wattar dies
- Ex-agent insists Naomi Campbell is lying about gem
- 1997 South Africa dinner raises diamond questions
- Naomi Campbell's friend: SAfricans have diamonds
- Calling all poets: South Sudan needs nat'l anthem
- Jets WRs Clowney, Holmes heading to Ghana
- Mia Farrow meets children of war in Uganda
- Mandela appears at Soccer City before final
- FIFA expects 700 million to watch World Cup final
- FIFA cracks down on stadium screen broadcasts
- US-Ghana sets viewing records for men's World Cup
- In NY, Prince Harry plays polo for African charity
- Loss shows US not ready for soccer's big time yet
- Soccer Saturday? Fans rally to support US team
- 'Cardiac kids' proving to be big winners back home
- US would like to stop being cardiac kids
- Monaco's Prince Albert sees summer 2011 wedding
- US players thrilled by fan response back home
- Monaco's Prince Albert to marry Charlene Wittstock
- Quintessential experience when in Italy: The opera
- UK's Prince William celebrates 28th birthday
- US-Slovenia draws most ESPN households for soccer
- Nobel-winning Portuguese novelist Saramago dies
- TV union gives North Korea free World Cup footage
- World Cup Today
- Royal British brothers start southern Africa tour
- NKorea's Rooney loves his cars, clothes and rap
- Opening match draws 10 million SAfrican viewers
- Ivory Coast stampede kills 2 during reggae concert
- Singer Jason Mraz visits Ghana to help end slavery
- Travolta donates to Nelson Mandela Children's Fund
- World Cup opens on a joyous, noisy note
- World Cup opening ceremony with happy noise