LOS ANGELES - On a night when so many changes were intended to shake up the Oscar ceremony, the winners themselves were pretty predictable, with "The Hurt Locker" taking six awards including best picture.
LOS ANGELES - The Iraq War drama "The Hurt Locker" has won best picture and five other prizes at the Academy Awards, its haul including best director for Kathryn Bigelow.
LOS ANGELES - Kathryn Bigelow has won the best-director Academy Award for her Iraq War thriller "The Hurt Locker." Bigelow is the first woman in the 82-year history of the Oscars to earn Hollywood's top prize for filmmakers.
LOS ANGELES - Sandra Bullock and Jeff Bridges have won the lead-acting honors at the Academy Awards.
LOS ANGELES - Jeff Bridges won the best-actor Academy Award on Sunday for his turn as a boozy country singer trying to clean up his act in "Crazy Heart." The Oscar marks a career peak for Bridges, a beloved Hollywood veteran who had been nominated four times in the previous 38 years without winning.
- Mo'Nique, Waltz win supporting-acting Oscars
- 'Basterds' star Waltz wins supporting-actor Oscar
- Oscar show opens with ribbing by Martin, Baldwin
- Oscars under way; 'Avatar,"Locker' lead nominees
- Academy Awards under way
- Heavy rain drops in on Oscar festivities
- 'Avatar,' 'Hurt Locker' lead expanded Oscar parade
- Predictability out of the picture at Oscars
- Oscars arrive with predictability out of picture
- 'Avatar,' 'The Hurt Locker' lead Oscar nominations
- 'Avatar,' other hits vie for expanded Oscar field
- Oscars double down with 10 best-picture nominees
- Oscars doubling best-picture nominees to 10