Recessions And Depressions
MIAMI - Poetry and music have been cut and there will be no parade to kick off the Miami Book Fair International as in years past.
NEW YORK - Stores are turning back the clock, conjuring images of hearth and home as they stock their holiday merchandise.
PHILADELPHIA - Comcast Corp. might spend billions for a stake in NBC Universal, a deal that would transform the nation's largest cable TV provider into one of the most prominent owners of TV shows, movies and other programming as well.
SEATTLE - In this job market, people will do some crazy things.
- In hard times, arts provide escapism and realism
- Meltdown's lasting cultural impact tough to gauge
- Highlights of Obama's 5 broadcast interviews
- Theater, TV make drama from world financial crisis
- Recession forcing retailers to think small
- UEFA, clubs to share $1.55B from Champions League
- Milestone parties shrink to survive for teens
- Thrifty is the latest back-to-school trend
- The art of a recession: Gallery owners struggling
- Familiar script: Netflix 2Q tops expectations
- Haute couture goes cold as recession lingers
- Estonians sing to lift spirits amid slump
- Recession adds to challenges for suburban arts
- Fireworks sellers hope it's a 'backyard' Fourth
- ABC News devotes newscasts to 'The New Normal'
- Springsteen, Phish reel in Bonnaroo crowds
- Wal-Mart: We'll keep customers gained in recession
- Other genres ignore it, but country taps recession
- Leno takes comedy show to jobless Ohio residents
- Americans struggle through a day in the recession