CLEVELAND - On the eve of his 70th birthday, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum has dedicated a time capsule in honor of John Lennon containing several CDs, DVDs and books and two notes written by widow Yoko Ono.
LOS ANGELES - With all the glamor of a film premiere and the pomp of the Academy Awards, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art celebrated the opening of the Lynda and Stewart Resnick Exhibition Pavilion with a glitzy party, complete with Hollywood heavyweights, art icons and entertainment by Christina Aguilera.
CLEVELAND - The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is celebrating what would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday with a weekend-long homage to the Beatles.
ASHEVILLE, N.C. - They're called the Blue Ridge Mountains, but in Asheville in the fall, they might as well be called the orange, red and yellow.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Wanda Jackson had no idea the influence she would have on future rock 'n' roll women when she carved a sharp, distinctive line across the heartwood of the new genre back in the 1950s and '60s.
- Giddyup! NYC auction to trot out carousel horses
- Vince Gill to headline Fla. concert for tourism
- Henson donates original Kermit to Smithsonian
- Newseum in DC retells Katrina story 5 years later
- Exhibition looks at Jimi Hendrix's London years
- Exploring one of Paris' great attractions: Cinemas
- Rock hall to mark anniversary with Elvis exhibit
- 'Baseball' filmmaker backs belated honors for Rose
- Ohio museum to show art by Stones' Ronnie Wood
- Stockholm tour for 'Girl with Dragon Tattoo' fans
- Mahut's well-used racket headed for tennis hall
- Tennessee promoting new moonshine-NASCAR trail
- Swift among diverse honorees at Songwriters Hall
- Phil Collins honored by Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Nashville needs strong CMA Fest to boost recovery
- RI exhibit focuses on Newport's ties to tennis
- Fogerty's 'Centerfield' gets Hall of Fame honor
- New at theme parks: Harry Potter, World of Color
- Orlando with teens: Go for big rides, high-tech
- Apollo Theater exhibit in DC shows stars' legacy
- NY museum gets originals of Merchant Ivory films
- Icon Hank Williams receives Pulitzer citation
- Mel Gibson to donate movie sets to Mexican museum
- Miniature rooms create magic at Chicago museum
- Ramone to be honored at Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Rock band Devo gives red cone hat to Ohio museum
- Upstate NY film museum gets Technicolor collection
- Universal Orlando opens Harry Potter park June 18
- New music museum in Jamaica to show Marley, Tosh
- Edward Steichen fashion photo exhibit hits Florida
- 42,000 year-old baby mammoth on display in Chicago
- Louvre sheds western light on Russian icons, past
- New museum on life of Chopin opens in Warsaw
- Dublin's Docklands showcase a new, hip quarter
- Music museum expands reach with archive, library