CLEVELAND - Manny Acta stopped himself in mid-sentence, closed his fist and knocked three times on top of his wooden office desk.
WASHINGTON - Jimmy Rollins went 1 for 3 in his first start in nearly three weeks, Roy Oswalt didn't allow an earned run in five innings, and the NL East champion Philadelphia Phillies began preparing for the playoffs with what turned out to be a 2-1 loss to the Washington Nationals on Tuesday night.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Charlie Weis had emergency gall bladder surgery Monday morning, according to a newspaper report.
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - Florida's Jeff Demps is wearing a protective boot on his injured left foot, but coach Urban Meyer says the speedy running back could play at top-ranked Alabama.
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers were getting tired of being doormats for pennant-contending San Diego.
- QB stability: some teams don't care
- Broncos say no signs McKinley was suicidal
- Broncos WR McKinley found dead in apparent suicide
- Surprise! Look who is 2-0 _ and who is 0-2 in NFL
- Pitt DE Greg Romeus to have back surgery
- Colts searching for answers along offensive line
- 2010 NFL preview capsules
- Brees, Johnson watch as Titans down Saints 27-24
- No. 7 Sooners moving past sense of 'entitlement'
- Brad Bergesen pitches Orioles past Angels 3-1
- Scutaro drives in 4 in Boston's win over Seattle
- Seahawks lose LT Okung to ankle injury
- Reds snap 12-game Dodger Stadium skid, 3-1
- Choo helps Indians rally past Royals
- Eli Manning back on practice field with Giants
- Kendrick, Phillies beat Mets 3-1
- Burrell's sacrifice fly in 11th lifts Giants
- Pirates send Rockies to 8th straight loss, 6-2
- Shields continues Rays' solid pitching
- White Sox increase AL Central lead with shutout
- Rivera's go-ahead HR helps Angels top Mariners 7-6
- Jets WRs Clowney, Holmes heading to Ghana
- Braun, Wolf lead Brewers past Braves, 9-3
- Bartlett has 10th inning RBI single in Rays' win
- All-Star Hunter gets 2 HRs, 7 RBIs in Angels' win
- Dodgers pull plug on Angels' hopes for sweep
- Gallardo stars as Brewers win 5-0, sweep Twins
- Panthers WR Smith regrets flag football injury
- Arroyo pitches Reds past A's 4-2
- Lakers, Celtics shrug weight of history in Game 7
- Jets' Sanchez takes it easy in afternoon practice
- World Cup Today
- Carlos Pena homers again as Rays beat Marlins 6-5
- Rooney's short temper endangering England's hopes
- Marquez rejoins Mexico after slight injury