LOS ANGELES - Michael Jackson was an entertainment phenomenon both triumphant and troubled, a dazzling performer who transcended barriers, transformed the music world and transfixed fans and non-fans alike in every corner of the Earth.
LOS ANGELES - It was not spectacular, extravagant or bizarre.
NEW YORK - Queen Latifah called Michael Jackson "the biggest star on Earth," and it was hard to argue when his memorial service united television networks as diverse as ABC, MTV, Fox News Channel, BET and ESPN News.
Comments on Michael Jackson on the day of his memorial service: "Ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine.
NEW YORK - Thousands of Michael Jackson fans gave the late pop star a raucous yet respectful send-off during six hours of public memorial services celebrating his life and music at Harlem's Apollo Theater.
- Jackson's parents waste no time seeking control
- Jackson funeral plan still being considered
- Lawyer: Jackson's doc didn't give excessive drugs
- BET Awards turn up star power for Jackson
- Jackson's parents declare authority over affairs
- Lawyer for doctor: Jackson had pulse when found
- 2 lost icons: For Generation X, a really bad day
- Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, dies at age 50 (Fourth Lead)