Madonna tops Forbes’ World’s Highest Earning Musicians listBy ANI
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
WASHINGTON - Madonna has pipped Celine Dion and Beyonce Knowles to top the world’s highest earning musicians list.
According to America’s Forbes magazine, the Queen of Pop earned a staggering 110 million dollars from June 2008 to June 2009 due to her Sticky and Sweet world tour.
Dion bagged the second spot with 100 million dollars in the same time period followed by Beyonce, who raked in 87 million, reports Contactmusic.
Wrapping up the top five were rocker Bruce Springsteen and country star Kenny Chesney, who grossed 70 million and 65 million dollars respectively.
The top 10 list
1. Madonna 110 million dollars
2. Celine Dion 100 million dollars
3. Beyonce Knowles 87 million dollars
4. Bruce Springsteen 70 million dollars
5. Kenny Chesney 65 million dollars
6. (tie) Coldplay 60 million dollars
7. (tie) Rascal Flatts 60 million dollars
8. (tie) AC DC 60 million dollars
9. The Eagles 55 million dollars
10. Toby Keith 52 million dollars (ANI)